UK Student Visa
Visa Requirements for UK
The most common visa for international students visiting the UK is Tier 4 (General) Student Visa. The application form needs to be filled online on UKVI (https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome)
List of Original Documents required
Check out the list of original documents required for a UK Student Visa.
- CAS Letter
- Duly filled & signed online VAF 9 Visa Application form
- IELTS / PTE Test Score (Any one)
- All your original academic documents from 10th std. to the recently completed qualification
- Visa application fees of £ 322 + Rs.500/- (for SMS, Courier) The student visa application fees in the UK changes from time to time depending upon exchange rates.
- TB Clearance Certificate from the approved empanelled Doctors and Chest X- ray
- Evidence of the required available funds
- Passport with a photocopy
- 2 recent passport- sized color photographs in white background (Full face without sunglasses & both the ears should be visible.)
- Credit Card (Visa / Master) for the payment of Visa application fees and International Health Surcharge.
How to Apply
There are several steps to apply for a UK Student Visa. UK Study Visa applications are processed within three weeks of the completed application being lodged.
Step 1 - The first step is to check if you qualify for the student visa or not. You need to show that you have:
- A confirmed place at the school, university or college where you intend to study. It is called a ‘confirmation of acceptance for studies’ (CAS).
- Enough money (also known as ‘maintenance or funds’) to cover your course fees and living costs in the UK.
Step 2 - Get your documents ready
Step 3 - Apply online
You will need to register and create an account on the official UK Visa website.
When you have completed your online application form, you will need to print and sign your completed form. You must use the online appointment calendar to book an appointment at the visa application center. When you have completed your online application, you will receive an email message containing your application number.
Step 4 - Pay your application fee. There are 4 ways to pay your visa application fee.
- Payment at Standard Chartered Bank - You can pay your fee at some branches of the Standard Chartered Bank. The bank will issue a demand draft in favor of the 'The British High Commission'.
- Demand draft from a nationalized or foreign bank - You can pay your fee by getting a demand draft issued by a nationalized or a foreign bank. Bank charges for this service will vary. The demand draft must be in favor of the 'The British High Commission’.
- Payment at the visa application center - You can pay the visa application fee at the visa application center when you submit your visa application.
- Pay online - You can pay your visa application fee online using a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card.
Step 5 – Visit the visa application center on the appointed date. You must book and attend an appointment at the visa application center to submit your application and facial photograph and fingerprints.
All the students have to take the Credibility interview through Skype conducted by the Visa officer from Sheffield at VFS Centre. The Credibility interview is to check that the student’s intention to visit the UK is genuinely to study and his stay in the UK will be till the completion of his course.
Visa process takes 15 working days and visa stamping is done on a passport for a duration of one month allowing the student to enter the UK. All the students are required to collect their Biometric Residence Permit within 10 working days after their arrival in the UK.