Study in Germany
Benefit from a high quality educational system to help you advance in your career, learn a new language by making new friends and socializing with other students, and gain an amazing life experience to remember for years to come by studying and living as a foreign student in Germany. There are hundreds of universities in Germany that have free or very low-fee tuition programs available for international students. Whether you want to study Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, or Business, Germany is the place to be. Combining high quality education with a unique cultural experience living in Germany is the main reason why young people from all around the world come to Germany.
Why study in Germany ?
Germany is a higher education paradise. Unlike in any other country, in Germany you will find many worldwide ranked universities, countless courses to choose among, globally valued degrees that promise a high employability to you and affordable living costs.
Moreover, Germany has a long and rich history, a vibrant and dynamic lifestyle mixing the modern and the classics, the urban and the rural which will immerse and make you love every second spent here.
Not surprisingly, Germany is ranked among the world’s top destinations for international students. According to the latest official statistics, there are over 357,000 foreign students seeking a university degree in Germany whereas the number is steadily increasing.
Every year, thousands of scholars coming from all around the world trust their education to German universities and reasons for this are obvious.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is a very famous scholarship organization offering countless scholarship programs to applicants. German degrees are known for quality and are immensely valued in the job market. The German Visa is valid for 27 Schengen countries including Austria, Denmark, France, Greece and others.
Visa Requirements for Germany
Students who have secured admission to a German University should apply for a German National Student Visa at least three months prior to departure as the visa processing may usually take around 8-12 weeks.
Documents required for Study Visa Application
- Valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 12 months validity left after the scheduled return)
- Application form and declarations duly signed
- 1 copy of data page of the passport (A4 size copy)
- 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications
- Cover letter from applicant explaining the exact purpose and duration of stay
- Letter of admission from German University (Electronic version)
- Proof of payment of study fees, if applicable
- Proof of language proficiency in English and/or German
- Proof of other academic qualifications, as applicable
- Proof of financial means to cover the costs for the time of studies
- Travel Health Insurance covering the period from departure to the date of enrolment at the University (approximately 3 months)
Student Visa Procedure
*Note: Applicants are requested to prepare 2 sets of the above mentioned documents. Additional documents may have to be presented, if required.
Steps for Visa Application
- The applicant needs to open an account with Deutsche Bank as soon as an Offer letter is received from the University.
- Once the account is created, a deposit of Euros 8640 (towards living expenses for one year) has to be credited to the bank account. Please visit the Deutsche bank site for further information.
- The student needs to appear for a Visa interview at the German Embassy/Consulate which requires a prior appointment that can be taken over phone or through email.
- The student has to appear for the interview on the scheduled date with all the required documents.
- Once a confirmation email for granting of Visa is received, the student has to submit the passport at VFS for Visa stamping.