Country of Study

 Study in Spain

Study in Spain

Spain is one of the most visited European countries and a preferred study destination for many international students who wish to discover its interesting culture and lifestyle. The Kingdom of Spain has a rich history and provides enchanting experiences whether in large cities, the countryside or on the beach.
There are many festivals throughout the year. It is regarded as the gateway to Africa and is a popular tourist destination. It has many art galleries, museums, and parks where students can spend their leisure time. The famous cities in Spain are Barcelona, Seville, Madrid, and Granada.

Why study in Spain?

Spain is very welcoming towards international students. It also provides an opportunity to learn Spanish and get immersed in the culture. Spain offers bachelors and masters degrees in all fields with qualified teaching staff in both public and private institutions. These degrees are internationally recognized, and the universities are very student friendly. The Spanish lifestyle provides a slow pace of life and the cost of living in Spain is affordable.

Visa Requirements for Spain

Obtaining a student visa to study in Spain for non-EU students is a bit trickier but it is usually easily obtainable after you’ve enrolled in a Spanish university.
The best practice is always to call or email the Spanish Embassy in your country and ask for specific information.
Find the full list of consulates and embassies here.
Usually, the requirements for a student visa consist of the following:
  • A valid passport.
  • Medical insurance that will cover any costs for the duration of your studying in Spain. Having student medical insurance is very important in case of a sudden illness or accidents.
  • Proof that you have the financial resources and accommodation for the period for which you are requesting the visa, and where applicable, the funds to guarantee your return to your country.
  • Bank statement that is proof you can support yourself during your studies
Unless you are doing a shorter course, your program will last longer than six months so you will also need:
  • A criminal record certificate for Spain and your previous countries of residence in the last five years for crimes included under Spanish legislation.
  • A medical certificate stating that you do not suffer from any diseases with serious repercussions for public health in accordance with the provisions of international health regulations.
It is important to know that you can’t enter Spain with a tourist visa and then apply for a student visa. You will have to return to your home country and apply from there.
Since the processing of documents can take time, make sure to apply in advance, preferably two to three months before traveling.