Ireland Student Visa
Visa Application Process
Irish Student Visa can be applied in 2 ways
- By paying 50% of the tuition fee to the university/institute or by paying 6000 Euros (whichever is higher).
- By applying for the visa in Approval in Principle (AIP) scheme.
Documents for Student Visa
A) Application Forms
- Printed and signed summary of the online application form
- Appointment Confirmation
- Payment Confirmation
- Visa Fee Receipt of INR 4100
- The VFS Service Fee Receipt (INR 1700)
- Additional Student Visa Application Forms and Questionnaire
- Original Passport and photocopy of the first and last page of the same
- Students should also submit all the previous passports along with a photocopy of each page of all the passports submitted. (If applicable)
C) Original Police Clearance Certificate from the Passport Office
D) Original and one photocopy of each of the following documents
- Acceptance Letter & Confirmation of fees paid
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae
- Class 10th & 12th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate (If any)
- Graduation Mark Sheet & Degree Certificate
- IELTS/PTE Score Card
- One recent passport sized photograph not more than 6 months’ old
- Letter from the current employer or experience certificate (If any)
E) Financial Documents
- Evidence of the required available funds
F) Medical Insurance Policy
Applying for your visa online
You can apply for your student visa application online using the Irish Government’s official website. You can apply up to three months before your intended date of travel to Ireland. Remember, your application date is the date when your application fee is paid.
English language requirements
To gain your study visa for Ireland, you’ll have to provide evidence of proficiency in the English language. This usually means passing a secure English language test to be able to prove your communication and correspondence skills.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most popular high-stakes English language proficiency test for study, work and migration, with more than three million tests taken in the past year. The IELTS results are recognised by more than 10,000 organisations, including educational institutions, employers, professional associations and governments, in 140 countries around the world.
A minimum score of 5.0 band is required in IELTS to apply for an Irish study visa.
As part of your application, you will also be required to furnish your biometric information. As an Indian student, you’d need to provide your fingerprints to the Irish authorities.
You can always contact us for a free counselling session and we can guide you on how to go about the entire visa application process.