Newzealand Student Visa
Once you have received an Offer Letter from an Educational Institution which is accredited by NZQA you will need to take your visa process forward. Before you commence your student visa application for New Zealand, you need to work on the financial support aspects and check which documents you need to furnish with your visa application.
Let’s check the New Zealand student visa requirements in detail.
If you intend to study for a course duration of less than or equal to one academic year, you will need the below mentioned documents:
- Original Passport
- Covering Letter
- Main Visa Application form INZ-1012, Student Visa Declaration form INZ 1226 and Supplementary information form duly filled by the student and Financial Undertaking Form INZ 1014 duly filled by the sponsors.
- Digital photographs (must be less than six months old) should be affixed to the Visa application form.
- Offer of place
- Statement of Purpose
- Academic Documents and CV
- Evidence of English language ability-IELTS/TOEFL/PTE Score Card (Any one)
- Employment documents/work experience certificate along with salary statements, if applicable
- Documentary evidence of funds for tuition fee & NZ$ 15,000 towards living expenses in New Zealand for one year as applicable and detailed below:
- Education Loan Sanction Letter
- Bank Balance Certificate and Bank Statements of past six months, etc.
- Affidavit of Support from Sponsor
- Income Tax Returns of the Sponsors for the last three years
- Proof of Business like VAT Registration Certificate of Parents’ business
- ID Proof of Sponsors
- Police Clearance Certificate (Original)
- Full Medical Certificates and TB Screening Report from approved empanelled Doctor
- Visa Application Fee of NZD 270
- TT Services fee of INR 690
- Any other supporting documents that may be appropriate to be enclosed on a case to case basis
If you intend to study in New Zealand for a course duration longer than one academic year, then a payment plan to show that you have access to additional funds and can meet the rest of the course cost and living expenses in New Zealand.
Acceptable Evidence of Funds
- Education Loan Sanction Letter from a Nationalized or Multinational Bank only
- Latest Saving Bank Account Statements for the past six months. The statement should not be more than one week old at the time of lodgement of the student visa application for New Zealand.
- Fixed Deposits
- PPF/ PF/ GPF Withdrawal Amount
- National Saving Certificates
Funds Transfer Scheme (FTS) under New Zealand Student Visa
If a genuine student does not have funds which are six months old in the bank accounts of the parents/sponsors, the student may be given the option of FTS by the Visa Officer. Under this scheme the student will need to transfer an amount equivalent to 12 months living expenses (NZD 15000) to an account with ANZ bank in NZ once the visa approval is received. The amount deposited is locked for 12 months and drip fed back to the student @ NZ $ 1250 per month for living expenses once in New Zealand.