Malaysia Student Visa
Malaysia's immigration department issues the student pass on a yearly as a multiple entry visa (MEV) if you have been admitted to an approved institute/ course in Malaysia.
In order to get a new student pass, you must furnish the following documents:
- Original or copy of offer letter from the Malaysian university/ institute
- One signed copy of IMM 14 (student pass application form) completed and downloaded from EMGS
- 2 passport size photographs with BLUE background (3.5cm x 5cm)
- A copy each of ALL certified pages of passport (including special pass and/or exit stamp, where applicable)
- 1 copy of special pass and/or passport page with exit stamp (where applicable)
- A passport valid for at least 1 year from the day you enter Malaysia
- A copy of academic and other certificates certified as per requirement of EMGS or by the IHE if the IHE has seen the original certificates or the original certified true copy
- Pre-arrival Medical Examination Report from India
- Typed or handwritten personal bond form that should be stamped (Personal bond is a certain amount of money to be paid to your educational institution as a security deposit; students from India need to pay RM 750 i.e. approximately Rs.11,900 as personal bond)
Once EMGS receives your application, your student pass would be ready within 14 working days. You can also download their app to track the progress.