Study in USA
USA has been the most preferred choice of study for international students owing to its 4,000 accredited colleges and universities, which offer a wide range of programs to pursue bachelors or masters in USA. The country offers excellent support facility.
Universities in USA are also credited for innumerable patents and ground-breaking innovations, offering a chance to study and compete with some of the finest minds in the respective fields.
Why Study in USA
Outstanding programs in numerous fields, optimized classroom experience, cutting-edge technology are some of the reasons that make USA one of the best countries to study in. International students can receive financial assistance in the form of full or partial tuition waiver, research assistantships, teaching assistantships, graduate assistantships, paid internships or part-time work options. Students can apply for the Optional Practical Training (OPT) after graduation that allows them to work in their chosen field for 12-36 months after completion of course.
Visa Requirements for USA
A student visa is a must if you want to study in United States. Your program and type of school you plan to attend determines whether you need F-1 visa, J-1 Visa or M-1 visa.
Visa Application Fee
Non-Immigrant Visa Application Fee US $160 in Indian Rupee equivalent at a consular rate of exchange. The visa fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Create a profile at www.ustraveldocs.com.
- Complete the DS- 160 Visa application form at www.ceac.state.gov. The form must be completed and submitted online prior to your interview. The barcode number on the form DS - 160 confirmation page is required to book your interview.
- Before confirming a visa interview appointment online, you need to pay the visa application fee which can be paid by IMPS or NEFT or Cash over Counter (Axis Bank and Citibank)
- Proceed to schedule two appointments.
- Pay SEVIS fee of $200 (non-refundable) online through www.fmjfee.com. This fee may vary for J-1 visa type.
- First, schedule your Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC) appointment.
- Second, schedule your visa interview appointment at the Embassy or Consulate.
- OFC appointment must be scheduled at least one day before the interview appointment date at the Embassy or Consulate.
List of Original Documents Required
- Check out the list of original documents required for US Student Visa.
- Passport should be valid for at least six months. Carry all old passports as well.
- Visa fee receipt, DS-160 confirmation page and interview appointment letter.
- Form I-20 in original, approved and signed by the University authority.
- Relevant standardized test scores e.g. GRE/GMAT/SAT/TOEFL/IELTS/PTE
- Original degree certificates along with mark sheets of previous institutions attended. (10th, 12th & Bachelors).
- Experience Certificates from the previous and current employer if any.
- Evidence of financial resources proof of liquid assets sufficient to pay for the entire first year of education and living expenses as well as proof of readily available funds to cover the remaining year(s) of studies.
- If you are going to cover your expenses through any scholarships, carry all relevant letters.
The decision about one's case can be known after an interview. If you are issued a visa, your passport will be returned to you by the Blue Dart courier service or that can be delivered to your designated address on the charge of Rs. 500. This needs to be selected while scheduling the visa appointment.