Study in UK
The UK has a rich legacy of universities of international repute such as the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge. With 18 universities among the world’s top 100, UK attracts thousands of students and researchers every year, including many from India seeking to get admission in UK universities.
UK offers an education system with qualifications that are internationally valued and recognised. With over 160 universities, colleges and umpteen course options for international students to study in the UK, aspirants can make their UK higher education experience as unique as they wish to. There are umpteen scholarships for International students in UK and depending on the nationality, one can check for their eligibility for financial support from the UK government.
Why Study in UK
The UK has an excellent reputation as a global study destination as UK education is value for money as students receive globally recognised degrees which can be tailored to your interests and often include specialised modules. UK gives the best study abroad options with umpteen high ranked universities, a large variety of specializations, more than 50,000 courses to choose from, in over 25 subject areas.
Visa Requirements for UK
The most common visa for international students visiting UK is Tier 4 (General) Student Visa. The application form needs to be filled online on UKVI (https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome)
List of Original Documents required
Check out the list of original documents required for UK Student Visa.
- CAS Letter
- Duly filled & signed online VAF 9 Visa Application form
- IELTS / PTE Test Score (Any one)
- All your original academic documents from 10th std. to the recently completed qualification
- Visa application fees of £ 322 + Rs.500/- (for SMS, Courier)
- The student visa application fees in UK changes from time to time depending upon exchange rates.
- TB Clearance Certificate from the approved empanelled Doctors and Chest X- ray
- Evidence of the required available funds
- Passport with a photo copy
- 2 recent passport- sized color photographs in white background (Full face without sunglasses & both the ears should be visible.)
- Credit Card (Visa / Master) for the payment of Visa application fees and International Health Surcharge.
All the students have to take the Credibility interview through Skype conducted by the Visa officer from Sheffield at VFS Centre. The Credibility interview is to check that the student’s intention to visit UK is genuinely to study and his stay in UK will be till the completion of his course.
Visa process takes 15 working days and visa stamping is done on a passport for a duration of one month allowing the student to enter the UK. All the students are required to collect their Biometric Residence Permit within 10 working days after their arrival in the UK.