Study in Singapore
Nestled strategically in the heart of Southeast Asia, Singapore isn’t just a global business powerhouse showing you small countries can make a big impact, it’s also a melting pot of cultures, cuisines and traditions. The city state is ranked as the world’s most open economy, and the third least corrupt.
Singapore, popularly known as the IT and Business hub of Asia, is a small country with a booming and very stable economy. It is not only one of the most economic options but also one of the safest places in Asia to pursue higher studies. The Government of Singapore and Universities in Singapore offer scholarships for international students to get admissions and study in Singapore institutions.
Why study in Singapore?
Singapore is one of the best places in Asia to pursue Business Management, Computing & IT, Hospitality or Tourism courses. The Universities in Singapore are globally recognized and encourage independent learning. High quality education, multiple intakes, possibility of admission & visa without IELTS, shorter duration courses like Masters in 1 year, Bachelors in 2 or 3 years, fast visa process with minimal financial documents, affordable tuition fees and living expenses, paid-unpaid internships are the beneficial aspects for international students in Singapore.
List of Documents required for Singapore Student Visa
Students applying for a student visa for Singapore need to submit the scanned copies of the following documents
- Signed Letter of Offer & Contract
- Birth Certificate
- Student Passport Cop
- 1 set of completely filled e-forms (Form 16 & Form V36)
- Recent passport size photograph in jpg format
- Documentary proof of financial ability (showing total amount of more than the course
- cost of the student) in the form of bank statements
- Supporting documents such as pay slip indication/income of parent or applicant's monthly income (as per stated figures on Form V36: Part F)
- Signed Form 12 and Student Induction Declaration Form (Countersigned by counsellor's- if through an agent)
- Explanation Letter (If the student has more than 6 months’ gap)
Student Visa Procedure
- The student must submit full documents preferably six weeks before the course commencement date.
- University/ College will lodge student pass application electronically with ICA (Immigration & Checkpoint Authority)
- Student needs to sign Student Contract
- It will take 3-4 weeks to process the student pass application.
- Once the application is successful, ICA issues an approval letter after which the student has to pay the 1st instalment of the fees.
- After receiving the payment, the university or the institute will release the approval letter.
- Once the approval letter is received, the student is advised to enter Singapore to complete his/her medical and other formalities for the issuance of his student pass.